Sunday, September 30, 2007

Family Day at the Delta

This summer we spent many days at the Delta up at Bethel Island where Dave's parents own a cabin. The competition between Dave and his brothers is how young you can get your own kid in the boat, behind the boat on a ski, or swimming in the gross Delta water. (Gross to me, but not necessarily to Dave or his family.) Isaac came out on on the boat at 2 weeks and was very happy. We had a great time and enjoyed our day at the 'beach'.
Isaac's first boat ride. We were stopped here. You should have seen him in his life jacket. It completely consumed him.



Jonny being a goof!



James and Dave enjoying the ride in Big Bertha.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Mom of Four said...

Okay everyone! Those of you -- you know who you are who told me that they've lost hope in my blog. Hopefully you'll somehow have had a little hope and come back to see that I Am Back Baby! -- with pictures of my boys for you all to see. Please enjoy and feel free to comment.

Jessica Davis said...

I love that you just gave a little commentary on your delinquent blogging. I am excited you are back baby! I LOVE the pictures of the boys. Isaac is too cute.

Mark's family has a similar competition. Who can get their kid on skis the earliest? Well, not necessarily skis, but just the slopes. Mark's brother Adam holds that record. He had his little boy bundled up with him skiing down ridiculously crazy runs at 6 weeks.

Libby said...

Yeah, Crissie! Hope has returned! I LOVE these pictures of the boys. Jonny is hilarious. I wish we could be out with you guys.

dnally said...

Cute pictures of the boys. Is the water still warm enough to boat and swim in? It's cooled off here to the 80s and nobody in the family dares swim or wants to go to the lake. We're freezing here in the morning when it is 55. You guys have a great family.

Julie said...

Ah, come on Crissie - the delta water isn't gross! Just because it's a bit brown doesn't make it gross! ;)

Mom of Four said...

Dave

You can actually still go wakeboarding in September if you go on the right day. But September is definitely cold in the evenings and early mornings, but by mid-day it can get pretty hot.

Mom of Four said...

Julie - Sorry to rip on your beautiful brown delta water -- I am willing to get in it, but let's be honest, you cannot see through 1 inch of that water and that can be a bit scary.

Ashley said...

So many comments by the time I checked. Glad to see you giving it a try.

I feel the same way about the water. The kids ALWAYS need a bath after being in delta water. And this rich told me to make sure that he had no white in his swim shorts because they wouldn't be white for long.

Always cute pics of your boys.

kandj said...

I wish I could join you guys up there!