Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sweatin' to the Oldies

So this week I got a coupon in the mail to recieve a free consultation for a program where you get one-on-one fitness training. I have been wanting to have an exercise program for years, actually, but I know I'm the type of person who needs someone to push me or check up on me, or help me to set the right goals. Not to mention that having a post-prego body that seems to get worse with each child made me want to give it try and just see what they had to offer. So with the hopes that the kids would be down by 8:00, I made my appointment with Scott for 8:15. Come 8:00 that evening, I very hesitantly walked out the door as I saw a screaming infant and 2 hyper/excited boys who were supposed to be going to bed and a husband who, as I was trying to blow the appointment off, was saying that "when we make commitments, we keep commitments". So with that I ditched everyone and went out for a peaceful drive to the facility. Well, let me tell you I heard all the buzz words that could've hit home with me except for the fact that it took the guy a whole entire hour to tell me what they had to offer in what he could have easily told me in 15 minutes. You know the buzz words -- things like these machines have 'cutting edge' technology, and we don't work muscles in isolation, it's all about 'functional training', and 'celebrities' are now using these same machines (He mentioned the movie 300 too many times which I have only heard of whose main actors I guess got really ripped using these same machines.) Of course at the tail end he slipped in the cost which was only around $70 per 45 minute session. I did almost fall asleep while he was talking until he got to that price. Anyways, if you guys know our family then you know that the price pretty much made our decision rather simple. So back to square one on figuring out how to get in shape. In the meantime, enjoy the picture of Dave (with hair -- sort of) and Richard (no -- not Dave's older brother). Dave did tell me when we were dating that he was a huge fan of the fabulous video work-out diva from the eighties. Apparently the picture doesn't do him justice because you can't see the awesome spandex shorts on the bottom.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Libby said...

Ha! I love the picture of Dave. It took me a minute to figure out who both of them were. I can't seem to work out an exercise program either. Let me know if you find one that works.

Jessica Davis said...

Haha!! Dave and Richard Simmons! That is hilarious. I also loved the comment about "When we make commitments, we keep commitments." So Dave. I love it.

I also want a good exercise program. I have toyed around with the idea of getting a personal trainer, but they are so expensive! I wish they had "The Biggest Loser" for non-obese people.

chickadee3357 said...

That is a great picture. Too bad the guy took forever to tell you about that movie-star-cutting-edge-functional-training machine. I'm not good about working out consistently, but I do love my pilates and tae-bo work out videos.

Julie said...

Don't know if this would work for you but I took up racquetball this semester and manage to con some sucker into playing with me a couple times a week. Makes me work harder on my individual (boring) workouts because I want to be stronger and faster... Besides that, it's social and fun. Sometimes playing a game can be a great workout and still be a game. Good luck!

Alisa Frei said...

I'm curious, does Dave have any pictures with Milli Vanilli? The one with green eyes? Now THAT, would impress me.