Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Family Vacation '08 (Part 1)

We just returned from a trip to Utah and had a blast! Here are some of the highlights. Before we even got to Utah we decided to stop at Lake Tahoe and take a look since none of us have ever been there before. It was scenic and beautiful and we hope to go back sometime soon. Here is Isaac in the water. He never seems to get enough of any water activities we do.
What's in Utah? Two of my awesome sisters and their families. We had time with each and enjoyed all of it. Here's a cute picture of Melinda and Jessica (my other sister Libby missing due to her living much too far away in N. J.)

One of the highlights was seeing Jessica's brand new 6-week old baby Theodore (aka Teddy). He is most precious and beautiful and I love seeing Jessica as a new Mom. This baby is one loved boy. I can't wait for Isaac and him to grow up and play together.

And of course another highlight was seeing Melinda's family. Her kids are so cute and really great kids. Here are two of them -- J.M. (14) and Eden (7 months)


Here are Melinda's oldest daughters, Maudi (13) and Taylor (17). They came over to Jessica's for a girls night while Dave and my brother-in-law Mike took the young ones camping. I heard it was a rough night, but hey, we had a great time.

Here are three more of Melinda's kids -- Samuel (9), David (7) and Kayte(5) sandwiched between my two on the T-Rex at Thanksgiving Point's dinosaur museum.

And also Ammon (age 3), another of Melinda's kids. Did I mention my sister Melinda is busy? She is such a great Mom and I'm amazed at how she is able to give of herself to all of her children.

Our two blondies -- James and Ammon loving the display of dinosaurs and volcanoes and sea life at the museum.



Another highlight was going over to Grandma's house for a fun FHE of yard clean-up and root-beer floats. I think it's great my kids know their great-grandma because she is one of the most amazing people in this world -- always serving and building others and never a complaint.



Of course visiting Utah without swimming at the AF pool just wouldn't cut it. It's practically tradition. I love seeing all those boy cousins together.




This cracked me up seeing the men (Dave, Mark and Mike) on the front lawn of Mom and Dad's house deep in conversation about who knows what. (Mom and Dad -- we can't wait for you to come back from your mission to do more of this family bonding stuff!)



Thanks sisters and everyone for a great time!!! I already miss you. Your turn to come out here for a visit!

8 comments:

Jessica Davis said...

What a fantastic post!!! You were so thorough about telling what happened, and it made me miss you guys! You got some great pictures of everyone. (Thanks for cropping that one, by the way...and for leaving others out altogether.) :) We had so much fun with you guys and can't wait to see you again--hopefully we can make it out before next year! Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I might have to steal some of them for my own collection.

Libby said...

Ohhhh, that looks like so much fun! I am freaking out over how BIG all of the kids look! Now I know how Mom and Dad must feel, looking at everyone grow up from far away. Thanks for sharing your pics--I love to see what you are up to.

Ashley said...

What a great trip. I am so glad that you went. I am looking forward to more.

Lon and Kaye Nally said...

Oh---how neat to see all you dear ones whom we love!! I have to say that I recognize all of you adult children--but that I really have to LOOK at the grandchildren. How can they be growing so fast? How come their legs are so long and they look so grownup? I'm just hoping we'll all recognize each other when we get home!

We MISS you--each and every one!

Mary said...

crissie...wow! James looks just like johnny when you guys were out here! I am just glad that you sent libby my way! Emi remembers you a bit...mostly just the sleepover night though. Glad you are having fun and can do family stuff...I'm with Libby...seeing family only from afar! find me on facebook...tons of pics...including libby's girls! :)
miss you!
mary

Kristin said...

Thanks for the post!

I loved seeing all of the pictures. Looks like you guys had a GREAT time.

maynardmoments said...

Crissie,
Your boys are growing so much already!! Geeze, seems like we just moved, probably because we just did. Your blog is so cute and it was fun to see the pictures. Made me miss you. Take care
Becky Maynard

AnnieB said...

Beautiful sisters!
Okay, if i did my math correctly your sister has 8 children!? Awesome! I'm bowing right now! Sainthood for sure! Looks like a fun trip!