Sunday, May 9, 2010

Would you like them in a box?



I don't know why my children all decided to get into this box one day a few weeks ago. Probably just because they wanted to see if they could all fit. Of course, the baby had to be a part of it all, but he was not too happy in a box.





So with it being Mother's Day today, I am grateful that I get to be a Mom. I have to say that it has been really overwhelming for me the last few months with having 4 children. I think I have been humbled once again by the always daunting task and role of motherhood. It can be so difficult at times. It can be discouraging and nerve-racking and tiresome. And Tiresome!!! And neverending in it's mundaneness. Life just keeps rolling around to the weekend when I say once again that I'm going to get some rest and get on top of my weekend so that Sunday I can start afresh. But Sundays are not always so fresh. By the time I'm getting kids off to church our house looks like a hurricane swept through. But that can be somewhat normal for our house anyway. It's just that I wish Sunday would just magically stay clean. I wish I had the answer. Once again...humbled by motherhood. But today was celebrated nicely with a little sleep-in, breakfast in bed, dinner made by husband and a live band singing I'm a Child of God. It's true. The kids got out the tinker toys, made home-made drum sets and sang me their marching band style of that lovely hymn. I also got cards, a walk with one of my kids, kisses and a Dutch oven, which I didn't even know that I wanted but I'm kind of excited to try it out. The thing that makes being a Mom so great is that no matter how hard it is, it's just insanely awesome! In fact I think that it's so awesome because it of it's trying times. I do love my job and I DO love them in a box! Mom -- I am!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Dan Doxey said...

Love it! It's all so true. And, you are an awesome mom!!!